Sunday, July 03, 2005

Back In the Habit

So here's my dilemma: I've got this idea in my head that I want to realize into a video game, but now that I have some free time after moving to a new job, I'm finding that I want to play video games more. I fired up SimCity 4 the other day and have been having a lot of fun with it, and just got Thief:DS working today. Never finished that one 'cause work got to be too heavy. Anyway, the desire to play games is coming back, and its tricky to balance that with the desire to make a game.

I did make some progress Friday night. Found a series of webcasts on Microsoft's site entitled "Video Game Development: Learn to Write C# the Fun Way." Looks intriguing. Downloaded all of those and am about to watch the first one. The idea of writing this game using Managed DirectX is appealing, and the idea of learning a new language (C#) on the way is appealing, too.

There are several new links in my Furl archive, and I keep adding more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home